Tuesday 15 May 2012

A Few Paintings

This post is not about photographs but about painting.
I've been a keen painter ever since I was a child, I studied Art at GCSE, A Level and at university too. 
For the past 5 years I have taken part in Severn Vale Art Trail (I also designed the logo and design the booklet each year). I've always exhibited photographs and nothing else. But this year I decided to show some of my paintings along side my fine art photos. They are all oils and with 2 exceptions I have used a palette knife. I'm a sucker for thick thick paint and splodges! I hope you like them.

Cottage garden - palette knife

Brean Down - rag & turps

Brean Down Windswept Tree - palette knife

Snail on Willow Branch - rag & turps

Ballone - palette knife

September at Chew Valley Lake - palette knife

Glenelg - palette knife

Poppies & Lupins - palette knife

Flamenco dancer - palette knife

Miniature 6x4"painting - Poppies - palette knife

Miniature 6x4"painting - View from the Jam Pot - Gwithian Towans - palette knife

Miniature 6x4"painting - Lupins - palette knife

Miniature 6x4"painting - Blue Delphiniums - palette knife


Miniature 6x4"painting - Key Waden - palette knife


Miniature 6x4"painting - Woodland Walk - palette knife



Miniature 6x4"painting - Start Point, Devon - palette knife

Miniature 6x4"painting - Le Pouce - palette knife

Miniature 6x4"painting - Up the Garden path - palette knife

Me in 1983 - photo by Mum/Dad :)








No comments:

Post a Comment